Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Testing Block--A Briefing on Mascaras


I have wimpy, wussy, pathetic eyelashes.  I was cursed with straight, sparse Asian eyelashes, and I jealously pine after M's full set, despite her being Asian as well.  I have spent a small fortune experimenting with different mascaras--starting at the top with DiorShow, and moving all the way down the chain to CoverGirl.
The above mascaras by L'Oreal, the L'Oreal Double Extend with Lash Boosting Serum and the L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion, definitely did not live up to my expectations.  I think the L'Oreal Double Extend's "Lash Boosting Serum" is a crock--all it does is add build-up to clump up your lashes when you put on the mascara coat.  The bristles on both failed to grab lashes in a precise enough manner to really allow the eyes to pop.  I realized, after many attempts, that I need a lash brush with teeny-tiny bristles that grab on to my much-to-be-desired number of lashes.

 That said, with the range of mascaras I have tried, my favorite so far has got to be CoverGirl's Lash Blast Length in its unmistakable yellow tube.  I would recommend it to anyone and everyone.  It has the teeny-tiny bristles for sparse lashes, and I think it would do magnifying feats for those who are already blessed with a good set (damn you M).  ;)  I have also experienced success with CoverGirl's original Lash Blast and CoverGirl's Lash Blast Luxe, even though the advertised "sparkles" were nowhere to be found.  Currently on the Testing Block?  CoverGirl's Lash Blast Fusion advertises a combo of length and volume.  We shall see.  I'll report my experience with it.
**A last minute news flash from a dedicated reader--she adores L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof mascara!!  It was personally recommended to her by the makeup artist at her wedding.  I will say though, this mascara is still not for those with sparse lashes... but it is definitely touted by many as a great product.

Have any feedback about mascaras you have tried??  Please, from the bottom of my heart, share your wealth of knowledge.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment