Friday, May 7, 2010

Let's Explore--Burt's Bees

In case you haven't noticed from reading the few posts on FleurBeaute, M and I are pretty huge product whores.  We love trying new products.  It is ridiculous.  We are also the type to try a lot more things in a line within which we have discovered a product we adore.  A good example of this behavior is our indulgence in Burt's Bees.  Burt's Bees is most famous for its fabulously awesome lip balm.  When I started using it, it was not as ubiquitous as it is now.  While you see it in almost every grocery and drug store now, back then, you could only get it at Whole Foods.  It is still my go-to lip balm, and I have at least 5 of them littering various bags and my apartment.

Mmmmmm~ I do love me a trip to my local Whole Foods.  It is both a blessing and a curse that I can walk a few blocks and find myself within reach of delicious yellow Champagne mangoes (which are in season, and you must try)... as well as the fresh, herbal-scented skin and hair care product aisles.  I have spent hours in those aisles, just browsing at all the different organic lines... and trying 18 different hand creams.  Between M and I, we have tried, and fully get behind the products featured below:
The bug spray is a less toxic method of staving off the myriad of buggy creatures that insist on swarming me every time I go outdoors.  The Peach and Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub is a divine exfoliant.  My face turns smooth as satin after using it.  The Soap Bark and Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream feels refreshing and tingly.  M loves the Radiance Day Lotion with SPF 15.  We both keep the Thoroughly Therapeutic Honey and Grapeseed Oil Hand Creme around to keep our overworked hands as soft as possible.  I have a terrible habit of picking at the skin around my nails/cuticles, so a girl at Salon Mint (my favorite salon) recommended that I use cuticle cream to maintain the area and prevent ragged tears in my skin.  I picked up the Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream one day at my local CVS, and love the results whenever I remember to use it.  I think I love anything with the shade or description of "peony"... and this goes for the Lip Shimmer in Peony.  
As M is well-versed in the art of child care, she has also added these products to her daily baby routine.  She  loves all of them!!  
So, get out to your local CVS or Whole Foods, and pick up a Burt's Bees product to test out today!!  Your face and body will thank you for it.  :)  I know I will be trying to find some of the new products below!!

No comments:

Post a Comment